For those with no experience or have not fenced for 5 or more years
You will have a dedicated, qualified coach and all equipment will be provided
5 week course
- A brief history of fencing (just the interesting bits)
- The different weapons
- Safety (it’s very safe!)
- Basics of fencing with the foil
- footwork: advancing, retiring, lunge, step-lunge and how to lure your opponent onto your point!
- simple and compound attacks
- high and low level defences.
- Option to continue onto the remaining 4 weeks of the nine week course
9 week course (includes membership to the end of the term)
As per the five week course plus
- two weeks introduction to electric fencing with the foil
- Introduction to refereeing
- transition to one to one coaching
- meeting and getting to know the other members with some friendly fencing
The best way to learn is to have some personal coaching and fence those with a bit more experience. You can then judge your progress week by week!
All sessions are Tuesdays or Thursdays 7.30 to 9.30
What to wear?
Trainers, loose fitting trousers, trackies or stretch leggings, T-Shirt (perhaps a 2nd dry one for the trip home), something to drink, squash or water. And lots of enthusiasm!
A number of fencers retire to a local hostelry for a drink and a chat and you are welcome to join us
We often have an end of term social event and you are welcome to come along
See below for course dates and prices