We recommend that ALL Club Members become a member of British Fencing.
Your fee supports your National Governing Body (NGB), provides personal accident (to you) and personal liability (to others) insurance and some levels give you access to The Sword magazine.
You must have Compete level membership if you want to compete outside the club
There are a variety of Membership levels depending on whether you are fencing for fun or serious competition. There are rates for under 18s and discounts if you set up automatic renewal
From 1st April 2018 all Adult Trainees must become Introductory Members of British Fencing.
This is FREE but gives you personal accident and personal liability cover for 90 days and access to the online magazine The Sword
To be covered you must abide by the British Fencing/FIE clothing and safety guidelines which will be explained at the club
At the end of the 90 days you will be invited to upgrade your membership to Starter, Recreational or Compete level. Again we will advise you
During the registration process you will be asked certain questions you may not be sure of. Here are the answers!
- Do you have an account? : No
- Option: Join Now
- Adult Trainees = London. You can change this when you renew in 90 days time. Your coach will advise
- Adult Members and Musketeers = Ask your coach
- Home Country: England
- Membership type
- Adult Trainees = Introduction to Fencing
- Other members = As appropriate
- Fencing Club: Blackheath
- On completing the process your membership number will be shown on your Profile Page. Make a note of it and Close the British Fencing web page
- If you skip this process and do not enter your BF number you can update your membership record later or give it to your coach.
- You must provide the British Fencing Membership number at your first session
Become a member of British Fencing
Make a note of your British Fencing Membership Number as you need it for the club membership form
IF you have already started filling out the form just close this page and continue, otherwise:
Continue to the Club Membership Page