Adult Training Courses
- Training courses for adult beginners start on Tuesday 9th and Thursday 11th January 2018
- To reserve your place now, sign up and pay with the purple button on this page
- If you are not sure then try a free taster session on the same evenings
- Our experienced and qualified coaches will skilfully introduce you to this exciting sport. Only 12 spaces available per session!
- Refresher sessions are available for those who have had a long break since they last fenced
- More information about Adult Training courses here
- (After January our next courses will be after Easter ’18)
- Details of times and what to wear see below
Junior fencing - Join the Musketeers!
- Our next intake will be in January ’18 with free tasters on 9th and 11th. However, Tuesday is very full and we may only be accepting new members into the Thursday session For times and what to wear see below
- Fencing is a brilliant way to keep young people physically and mentally fit through their school years and way into the future! More about our Musketeers fencing club
- The Club meets Tuesdays and Thursdays in term times
- Musketeers 6pm to 7.30
- Adults 7.30 to 9.30 including training courses and tasters
- 3 qualified coaches covering all weapons
- Experienced fencers welcome. First session free.
- To be kept up to date with courses, junior fencing and term dates Join our Mailing ListSpam Free
All you need for our courses are trainers, T-shirt, loose fitting trousers, trackies or leggings and enthusiasm! Bring a drink!
The Entrance has moved!
The Vanbrugh Park entrance is closed due to building works. Enter at the bottom end of Mycenae Road (One way from Westcombe Park). Go here for road, bus and train and map. No Parking available inside the gate.
To celebrate her recovery from cancer, Freya Rodger joined our course in January ’16 as part of her aim to do all 37 sports open to women in the Olympics. Read about her fencing class and her attempts at the other 36 sports!
Fencing - In a few words...
-“The best fun you can have on legs” – “Chess at high speed” -“Superb exercise for mind and body”- “A Sport for All, A sport for Life”
Hello! Welcome to one of the largest clubs in London. With 40+ under 16s and 35+ Adults we are a thriving club for all levels of fencers
Now give yourself a treat
This 3.8 minute vid is shot in studio and uses normal speed and slow motion to devastating effect to demonstrate blade and footwork especially close quarter techniques. Makes the blades look like rubber but they’re not! Dont miss it!
Have a look at our YouTube gallery for more about Blackheath Fencers and fencing.
And visit our Facebook Page for more news and fencing related posts
Updated Nov 2017