- FIE The international governing body
- British Fencing The national governing body
- England Fencing Wales, Scotland and others have theirs so England did too…
- London Region For historic reasons (ask if you dare!) we fall into both London and South East regions. They organise qualifying events for national competitions and coordinate training and development.
- Kent County Amateur Fencing Union (KCAFU) Organise county level competitions which are highly suited to young beginners and intermediate fencers.
- British Fencing Parents Group for those who have children on the national fencing circuit (not currently active Nov13 but may come back!)
- Fencing Forum The place to go to check the pulse of UK fencing
- Fencing.net A US based forum and fencing information resource
- The Worshipful Company of Cutlers Presents an annual award to a London Fencing Club which we won in 2010 to expand our junior fencing capability
Fencing Clubs nearest to Blackheath
- Bexley Sidcup, Adults Mondays, Juniors Saturdays Falconwood
- Gravesham Gravesend Tuesday and Friday
- Streatham Thursday
- Shortland House Beckenham Wednesday (details on British Fencing Clubs listing)
- Bromley Sunday
- Meopham Wednesday
- Royal Greenwich Juniors Mondays, Adults Thursdays
- Newham Swords Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
Fencing Kit suppliers there are others but these have a good rep with fencers. Check the buying equipment page and ask for advice before buying!
- Leon Paul London Possibly the most well known supplier in UK and US. A club discount is sometime available
- PBT-UK Good prices for those starting out or on a budget and excellent kit for growing kids. Club discount sometimes available
- Allstar UK A well known German company. Very popular on the continent.
- BladesBrand Has a strong relationship with Allstar and often sell Allstar kit cheaper!
- Swordpricefighters You should only buy new kit from their website and not secondhand without checking the guidance here. We recommend these for very young, fast growing fencers only.