- FIE The international governing body
- British Fencing The national governing body
- England Fencing Wales, Scotland and others have theirs so England did too…
- London Region For historic reasons (ask if you dare!) we fall into both London and South East regions. They organise qualifying events for national competitions and coordinate training and development.
- Kent County Amateur Fencing Union (KCAFU) Organise county level competitions which are highly suited to young beginners and intermediate fencers.
- British Fencing Parents Group for those who have children on the national fencing circuit
- Fencing Forum The place to go to check the pulse of UK fencing
- Fencing.net A US based forum and fencing information resource
- The Worshipful Company of Cutlers Presents an annual award to a London Fencing Club which we won in 2010 to expand our junior fencing capability
Fencing Clubs nearest to Blackheath
- Bexley Sidcup, Adults Mondays, Juniors Saturdays Dartford
- Gravesham Gravesend Tuesday and Friday
- Streatham Thursday
- Bromley Sunday Juniors
- Meopham Wednesday
- Newham Swords Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
Fencing Kit suppliers there are others but these have a good rep with fencers. Check the buying equipment page and ask for advice before buying!
- Leon Paul London Probably the No1 supplier in UK and US. Order through the Club for 10% discount
- Allstar UK Probably number 2. German company. Very popular on the continent.
- BladesBrand Has a strong relationship with Allstar and often sell Allstar kit cheaper!
- PBT-UK Usually good prices for those starting out or on a budget
- Duellist Clearance sale currently on. Order through the club for reduced prices
- Swordpricefighters You should only buy new kit from their website and not secondhand without checking the guidance here. We recommend these for very young, fast growing fencers only.
As at Nov 2012 the price comparison between the top four suppliers above is very narrow or even identical once club discount (10%) is applied to Leon Paul’s prices and by consolidating orders for Leon Paul P&P costs are shared and consequently much less than buying individually. Only Swordpricefighters has costs low enough to make individual purchasing worthwhile so you pays your money…